Sunday, August 1, 2010

One Year Anniversary for Talking About Ritual Magick

It’s August 1st - a wonderful time for this blog!

Talking about milestones, I have just passed one! It was a year ago that I started this blog to share with all of you my various thoughts, opinions and ideas about ritual magick and Western Occultism. It has been quite an amazing journey. I have produced 109 articles in all, and they weren’t short little commentaries either. They were actually rather long and full blown articles discussing what I felt was the most important issues of the day, at least in my own particular magickal work. Yes, I know that I am long winded. Yes, I know that I seem unable to say anything in twenty words or less. But I am thankful that you slogged through them to find the gems and the useful ideas that I put there, wittingly or not.

I want to thank all of my readers, near and far, for helping to make this blog successful. According to statistics there are now over two hundred individuals who have subscribed to this blog, and probably many more who examine it from time to time. I have also learned a lot in the process of posting my thoughts and opinions, and even occasionally, having them shoved back into my face. Yes, I have made mistakes and posted opinions that were either not well thought out or too opinionated, and you have responded to let me know that I erred. This allowed me to refine my beliefs and even change my mind about some of my so called cherished opinions.

While I have been busy writing blog articles, I have also been reading the blogs that others are producing as well - this has also taught me a great deal. So I am probably pretty well immersed now in the blogosphere, but I am sure that there are other and more interesting blogs out there for me to examine. If you know of one, then please, let me know about it so I can read, learn and grow as well.

A lot has happened in the last year or so, and I feel that I have done a lot of growing and learning new things about subjects that I had assumed I knew all there was to know. How silly of me! I agree that hubris is an ongoing mental weed that we need to periodically uproot in order to remain fresh and insightful.  I am grateful for all of the comments, emails and connections that have occurred, all of which gave something to think about and ponder.

Once again, thanks for staying tuned to this blog and helping me to experience the wonder of the internet and to be challenged as a writer and a practitioner of ritual magick. Have a happy August 1st, Lammas or Lugnasad, or whatever you want to call it (Leomas?), and have a drink symbolically with me as I celebrate the beginning of the second year! I promise that the new year will be filled with all sorts of interesting subjects, ideas, opinions, and even some humor.

If you have any ideas for topics to discuss here or want to see if you can stump me, then go ahead, ask me a question. I am open to whatever anyone wants me to write about, er.., well, within reason, of course.

Happy Lammas or Lugnasad!

Frater Barrabbas



Ask me about ritual magick

2 comments:

  1. Congrats Frater! Good job - and sorcerous greetings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Balthazar. I have to admit that you have one of the best blogs out there so far. I really enjoy reading your postings. Hope I have been interesting, too.

    ReplyDelete