Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Portae Lucis Report and Other Matters


It’s been over a week since I last posted an article to this blog, and I must say that I have been very busy with my job, not to mention completing the final revisions for my book and doing many other things that seem to fill my day to overflowing. Luckily, things are starting to wind down somewhat, and I can start catching up with my articles. I have quite a few planned for the next month or so, but I just haven’t had any time to write them up. So it will take a few days before I can get some of these new articles completed.

As for the revisions to my manuscript and forth-coming Llewellyn book “Magical Qabalah for Beginners,” I just completed the last changes and considerations for the revision task. The manuscript will be soon transmitted to the production team and begin to be formatted and laid out for printing. There’s nothing for me to do at the moment, which is a relief, since the revision process took me a lot longer than I thought it would. What I need to do now is to find other authors who would like to examine the manuscript and write up a recommendation for it. I have some ideas, but if any of my readers are published authors and would like to spend some time going over the manuscript, just send me a private email. The publishing date is still scheduled for March 2013.

The Talismanic Portae Lucis working is now at the point where I have generated the three four-fold elemental talismans of Saturn, the Sun and the Moon. (I am enclosing a picture of what they look like, just so you know that I am not promoting a fiction.) Producing these three talismans has been an arduous process, to say the least. Now that the temperatures are warming up and the days are getting longer, I am feeling a certain amount of anticipation, as the date of the final working is approaching. On the last day of May, I will generate the talisman that is representative of myself and my magick, and that will be a four-fold elemental talisman of Mercury. I will also seek to perform a full invocation of the Demigod, Hermes Thoth, who I have chosen to act as my sponsor for this working. Dates for the final Portae Lucis are presently scheduled to occur between June 17th and the 19th. Some of the work will be done in my outdoor grove, and some of it will be performed within my temple. Having the flexibility to be able to work both indoors and outdoors is one of the benefits of having a house in the country. I will need to prepare the grove, since I haven’t had any time to do this task. It has also been raining nearly every other day, so the weather hasn’t been cooperating either.

Anyway, I am on target and within my appointed schedule to bring this working to a final and powerful climax. So I am eagerly looking forward to seeing the final elements of this working completed and the vista of a straight path from Yesod to Binah open up and reveal itself to me. I will produce edited versions of my journal entries for all of these workings, so that I might share with you mostly everything that happens, and verify that a talismanic version of this working is both valid and capable of producing the desired effects.

Frater Barrabbas

No comments:

Post a Comment